- All streams are currently offline.
Hellcat5 Connect: Hellcat5 on Official Forums
As I’ve been learning Warframe, I’ve ran across conflicting information for how to do Kuva runs. Here I’ll give you solid tested information so you can successfully and easily get through your Kuva missions quickly. This will be short because I don’t like to blabber more than I think I need to. If you’re reading this, and you haven’t finished your Second Dream quest, know that there are spoilers within.
To begin gathering Kuva for Riven cycling or weapon building, you must complete the War Within quest. Afterwards the Kuva Fortress will move around the starmap, dropping Kuva on planets it floats near. To run a Kuva mission, find a planet close to the fortress that has Kuva icons on it, then click a mission with the Kuva icon. There are two types of Kuva missions – standard, and one called Kuva Flood which is harder, but also yields twice the Kuva.
Common Misconceptions about Kuva Siphons
- Using Void Dash through the Kuva Siphon damages it. FALSE. If you happen to dash through the Kuva Siphon while a kuva Cloud is close enough to enter the siphon, this could give you the idea that dashing through the siphon damages it. The only way to damage a kuva siphon is by destroying the kuva cloud with either your amp or void dash or other damaging void skill.
- Void Dash is the only way to damage the kuva siphon. FALSE. You can use any damaging void skill including Void Blast, the amp or Void Dash to destroy Kuva clouds, which destroys each kuva braid.
Kuva and Kavats
- If you have a Smeeta Kavat, take it with you during the Kuva run. Make sure you have the Charm mod equipped.
- If you can, wait until you hear the Smeeta’s signature sound when it blesses you with Charm before you shoot the Kuva Cloud.
- In the least, shoot at least one Kuva cloud with the amp(or other damaging skills while the Smeeta’s Charm skill is activated.
This is what a Kuva Siphon looks like (it’s the hot air balloon with arms):
This picture shows the braid up, vacuuming the Kuva:
This image shows the red and black kuva cloud in motion toward the kuva siphon:
Tips for Kuva and Riven Cycling
- Listen for the Kuva Siphoning sound. It’s very unique. Follow the sound to find the direction of the kuva, or look at what direction the kuva braid is pointing in.
- Remember Smeeta can give double the kuva if you get a charmed shot.
- Kuva Floods give twice the amount of kuva, so if you smeeta and flood, you get 4x Kuva.
- This might be a bit obvious, but resource boosters effect how much Kuva you get because they’re a resource. If you have this, then you’ll get 6x Kuva compared to normal. (Thanks to CheezyLama for reminding me to mention that.
- You get 8 tries to stop the kuva clouds.
- You must successfully finish the mission goal to get the kuva reward.
- The minimum amount of Kuva you need to cycle a Riven is 900.
- The maximum amount of Kuva necessary for a Riven cycling is 3500.
That’s it! With this info you should be walking down the yellow brick road of easy Kuva farming for your Riven rolls! If you’ve learned something from this article, please share it with your Warframe friends!
- Official Warframe Wiki
- hub.warframestat.us – check day/night cycles and more
- warframe-builder.com – check here for help with frame, weapon, and companion builds
- Warframe Alerts via Twitter